Monday, May 27, 2013

birthday acts of kindness--the remaining 21


better four months late than never? We hope. In no particular order, acts of kindness to myself and others, sometimes both!


13) made time to play tug with kaylee--got up early
14) " " to cuddle Buddy/left the space heater on for him
15) called mom. I'm an only child. She has to talk to her baby on her birthday
16) I tipped the host at Coffee Bistro an extra five dollars
17) called a friend whom I knew was struggling with stress.
18) in conversations with friends/colleagues today, made sure to emphasize the positive

19) letter 1
20) letter 2
I wrote the above love letters to people in my life whom I wanted to thank. They were short, but rewarding to write. I hope that they were rewarding to read, too!

21) updated journal
22) paid for Yolanda's meal--it was her birthday, too! :)
23) made sure that I had a salad
24) made sure to pack a healthy snack
25) excused myself from grading
26) no self-rebuke or shame over the 10 times Icompletely fumbled my words that day. Jokes, instead.
27) make appointment for massage friday afternoon
28) 10 sun salutations
29) insanity workout/icing knee
30) thankful. in every moment. for friendships, support, and my own well-being
31) oh. and there was cake that night :) guilt free.
32) down time. I took it.
33) excused myself from writing the post until i had time to do so. :)

No comments: